The holiday season is almost here! Are you someone who has all of their Christmas shopping done well in advance? Or are you a last minute shopper? If you are anything like me, you have been stumped for ideas and shopping last minute before.
I used to worry about getting the perfect gift for everyone in my family, and I often felt overwhelmed with the bombardment of materialistic advertising we are all exposed to as soon as Halloween is over. It wasn't until I got very clear about what is most important to me that I started feeling content about Christmas shopping. Health and happiness has become the core foundation on which I base my gift buying decisions on. I love to keep things simple and give gifts that can make others healthier and happier because it's what I believe makes the world a more positive and conscious place. This year I want to share some of my favourite healthy holiday gift ideas for you to be able to give the gift of health to your family and friends.
Best of all, you can do your holiday gift shopping from the comfort of your own home by shopping online. I tend to do most of my shopping online to avoid the crowded malls and have more time in my day to do the things I enjoy.
1. The 2018 Desire Map Planner - For syncing your soul desires with your to-do list.
2. Manduka Yoga Mat - The place to find your soul mat. The funkiest yoga mats with a lifetime warranty. You can also find this brand at MEC Canada.
3. Float Session - For those that could use more deep relaxation and me time (isn't this all of us?!). The large amount of magnesium in the water will also help the skin feel softer and more supple after floating.
4. Salt Lamp - For improved air quality, reducing positive ions, and reducing blue light exposure in homes. They also create a great ambiance in living rooms and bedrooms.
5. Mala Beads - Gorgeous, high-vibe, intentional jewelry made by Tiny Devotions in London, Ontario, Canada.
7. Essential Oil Starter Kit. The month of December is always special with doTERRA as you receive a free 15mL bottle of Frankincense (One of the most researched essential oils and known as the king of oils) with orders over 200PV. A diffuser is also a great gift for someone who is already using essential oils. My goal is to have one in all the main rooms of my house.
8. The Essential Life Book - The essential oil bible. It's beautifully laid out and easy to use for those who are on their essential oil journey.
9. Pure Beeswax Candles - Standard candles are made from paraffin which is a highly refined petroleum byproduct that contains toxic compounds such as benzene and toluene. The artificial dyes and synthetic fragrances also add to the toxins released into the air when you burn standard candles in your home. Beeswax candles are natural, eco-friendly and chemical-free. They burn brighter and 2-5 times longer than standard candles. They also emit negative ions which purify and cleanse the air of your home so they are great for those with allergies and asthma.
10. Dry Brush - A budget friendly gift that I recommend using in my 7-Day Hormone Detox Guide. Dry skin brushing is a great self-care ritual to boost your lymphatic system and support your body with detoxification.
11. Blue Blocker Glasses - For shift workers, those who work late hours on a computer, or those who watch late night TV or movies. Your eyes will thank you, and you will sleep better.
12. Prana Gear - One of my favourite brands for sustainably made clothing.
13. Books - For the health food lover and those interested in learning more about the connection of our health with our food. Deep Nutrition by Catherine Shanahan (new edition is being released May 2018) or Eating on the wild side by Jo Robinson are two of my favs.
14. Giddy YoYo Dark Chocolate - Raw, organic, Ecuadorian heirloom dark chocolate. Need I say more?
15. Xtrema Teaware with organic tea - One of my favourite brands of non-toxic cookware that also looks sleek and stylish in the kitchen.
Whether you’ve found something new for yourself, or to give to your friends and family, I hope you find this guide helpful as you’re making your lists and checking them twice!
Happy Holidays! xo
Now I'd love to hear from you. Did you gift any items from the Healthy Holiday Gift Guide? Do you have other healthy gift ideas? Share and let me know!